Video 22. Differences: Needs, Wants & Interests | Perspectives & Behaviours | Respect & Rewards.
- Arguments and conflicts come from lack of: Shared Visions, Plans, Goals & Commitments.
- Shared Visions Goals, Strategies & Plans are aspirational focal points that start with built consensus & are sustained by continuing effort & performance.
- Lack of … leaves people to invent their own expectations, realities, & stories – encouraging leaders to create their own paths, while followers get confused.
- Solution: take time & make effort to build, adopt & implement shared plans.
Engage family members and key staff in the process. Use it to:
- Encourage regular communication, meetings & problem solving. Increase communication & negotiation skills.
- Increase respect as everybody has clearer expectations and assigned roles.
- Build trust through observable reliability & performance.
- Focus on larger goals whenever confusion, demotivation or conflict arise.
- Share & increase personal and group resilience.